January 19, 2012

Creators of Cyclopses!

Greetings all!
I hope everyone is enjoying this adventure as much as I am! We are only into the second week, and we are already starting to take on the ways of the ancient Greeks. Who knew that a peplos could be so fashionable? (See photos in the previous posts) Feta and olives also seem to be quite popular with the group.
I wanted to share some dialogue between the kids and me this past Wednesday. When asked "tell me about your cyclops you are working on", they had some great responses:

"It's a big foot cyclops. All of those holes inside the foot are the eyes and they can see from the inside to the outside" -E

"It's a snowman cyclops with a baby cyclops." -N

"It's all gooey and dirty. It's going to have tiny arms. Now I'm trying to make the hair. Now I'm smoothing it out with the knife." -V

"These are the overalls and arms. I'm making the neck. It will look very fun. It will have big overalls and a small body." -MG

"I think it's going to be Polyphemus. I might make a baby Polyphemus. He has a very giant eye." -C

"This bowl is for the wine that Odysseus gives to the cyclops." -R

Curious to see what all of these cyclopses look like? They'll be ready for their journey home once we put on the final touches!